Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Beauty Marks

So, a few months ago, I studied Romans 12.. I really enjoyed it. I made these little notecards to read while I got ready that reminded me what a true Christian should look like.. However, I am human. I fell back and didn't quite live up to what I had said.. I am a work in progress.

I will share them with you now! If you have any comments or anything on it, PLEASE feel free to share them with me.. I am not a theologian, and I do not claim to know everything about the Bible.. This is just what I feel like God shared with me!

Beauty Marks from Romans 12
  • Do not be like everyone else in this world. CONTRAST, don't compare! We are set apart. Seek out what is good in the will of God.
  • Do not think more highly of yourself than others.
  • Use what gifts God has given you to His glory!
  • Let <3 LOVE <3 be GENUINE.
  • Turn from evil; CLING to what is good!
  • Love each other.
  • Serve Him in everything :)
  • Rejoice in HOPE, wait out the tribulations, and PRAY constantly!
  • Help others when they're in need.
  • Bless those who persecute you.. Don't be mean back! (That's what the devil wants to see.)
  • Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.
  • Don't be haughty or conceited. That's not pretty! Humble yourself.
  • Be honorable; don't repay evil with evil.
  • IF possible, live in peace with everyone.
  • Don't seek revenge; God says He will take care of it! (Thank GOD!
  • Love your enemies. Show them kindness! (Maybe they'll take note.)
  • and my favorite-- Do not be overcome with evil; overcome evil with good! Kick Satan's tail!

In doing your part in advancing His Kingdom, fight with all you have! God is with you!

So, I am definitely by no means saying that this is easy.. it is not! But, hey, in the words of a pretty awesome guy..

"No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will provide a way out so that you can stand up under it!"
-1 Corinthians 10:13
We can do it! :)

Love you, and have a fabulous evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment