Monday, February 28, 2011

Changes.

So, this has been an amazing weekend.. Mostly Sunday.. Now, I do not use this blog to preach, but I am going to tell you what happened with me and God yesterday:

So, Sunday's AM service was amazing.. The title of the sermon was, "Behold, I come quickly.." So you know what it was about, right?
The thing that got me was this part: (Bro Kelvin speaking, of course)
" I pray that Jesus comes right now.. Before the invitation.. Before my next breath. Because I am ready to go!... Did any of your hearts just flutter?"

Well, let me tell you, mine did. The thing is, I have not been living the way I am supposed to live if I am going to proclaim to be a Christian. I am not so sure that these past few months if you saw me at school or around town you would know, without me coming up to you and saying, I am a Christian, that I am a Christian.

That is a problem.
See, I am supposed to shine with His Light. In the things I do and say, people should see Christ through me.

So there are some changes with me.

Sunday's PM service was equally amazing. Bro. Jagger Eastman, a SENIOR in high school, brought the exact message that my heart was in need of.. It revealed some ugly things about my life to me, but that was exactly what I needed. He simply preached on being committed. Every morning, when we wake up, whether we decide it or not, we are commmitted to something. But to what?

This morning, I woke up and said that I am committed to God. and tomorrow, and every day after that, Yes. Committed to God.

Now, I will make many mistakes. I will. I am human! However, I am going to do my best in living for Him and being an instrument for His praise and glory.

You know, whether you believe in God or not, that HE is WORTHY. Jesus said that even the rocks will cry out praises to Him.. Each of us will one day too; We will bow on our knees before the One who saved us, and the One who is HOLY and without SIN.. There will be no pride or arrogance when you see Him. None.. Everything on this earth will be forgotten.. All you will see is God Almighty. What a day!

17 The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life."  Revelation 22:17

So why not live like we are ready now? I pray, even now, that the Lord comes. Did your heart flutter?

No comments:

Post a Comment